To get the most enjoyment from your candle we recommend the following guidelines:
- Of course please follow all the standard candle safety precautions such as:
Place on a fire resistant surface, never leave a lit candle unattended, keep away from pets and children.
As well as…
- Trim the wick to 8-10mm before lighting each and every time to ensure your candle burns cleanly.
- If the wick is left to long the pure cotton wick will mushroom and cause smoking.
- Remember to trim the wick at least every 3 hours to prevent the above from forming.
- Aim to burn the candle for a minimum of 3 hours at a time to create a wax pool to the edge of the jar.
- This way you ensure the candle burns evenly to the bottom of the jar.
- Blowing out before the melt pool reaches the edge of the glass can cause a tunneling effect.
- For safety reasons we recommend extinguishing the candle when it has approx. 2mm of wax left in the jar. If left to burn after the wax has all evaporated the metal wick tab can overheat and cause the glass to crack. The remaining wax can either be tipped out or washed out in warm soapy water.
- Once your printed Byron Bay Candles jar is empty you can use it over again with a candle refill.
- Click here for more details.
May your candles bring you many hours of ambient pleasure.