Scroll to view 'Frequently Asked Questions'
If you have some questions, please send us a message in the form below?
The key is find a scent that resonates with you so you feel relaxed, creative, happy, alert, joyful, loving, kind, calm and considerate.
Each one of us has a different response to aromas we inhale. So the best way to discover what will trigger the above emotional outcomes is to firstly read the holistic benefits of each scent and then sample tester cards to check that you do enjoy it.
Pure soy wax is derived from soybeans which are a natural, renewable source grown in many regions by organic farmers.
Pure soy wax provides a cleaner burn as it doesn’t contain paraffin waxes which are extracts of petroleum and are derived from petrochemicals.
Pure Soy Wax is –
• 100% Plant-Based!
• All Natural!
• Sustainable, Renewable and Biodegradable!
• Free of animal testing!
• Free of petroleum products!
• Free of animal products!
• Free of insect products!
• Free of palm oil!
The Manufacturing Process of pure soy wax is designed to purify the wax, ensuring the removal of any potentially present pesticides, herbicides, or Genetically Modified Materials (GMM)*.
This Process has been verified and confirmed to be 100% effective by accredited third party Laboratory Analysis for the wax we use in the manufacturing process of Byron Bay Candles.
Pure essential oils provide you with a clean, natural aroma that elicits a relaxation response as they contain natural elements that trigger the release of endorphins in the brain.
This in turn causes a positive emotional response which calms your nervous system and relaxes your senses to keep you in good health.
Fragrance scents are manufactured aromas, that is they have been chemically altered from their original plant extracts to create scents in the way perfume is created.
If you don’t suffer allergic reactions to synthetic fragrances then they are often the selected choice as these aromas will also trigger a positive emotional reaction.
Perhaps it’s an association to a happy memory of a place or of a loved one, such as smelling flowers in Grandma’s garden or enjoying the aroma of baking cookies on a relaxing weekend.
In both instances your emotions are uplifted by the recollection of a happy memory or association which achieves the outcome you are looking for.
If you’d like to know the oils included in each of our blends as well as the emotional benefits associated to each aroma please take a look at our scent guide here.
To begin with phthalates are esters of phthalic acid, more commonly used to make regular plastic products more flexible. However, in reference to candles, phthalate may be used within fragrance oils to help extend the aromatic strength of the candle by acting as a binding agent.
Extensive contact with phthalates can trigger the following health concerns such as asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer, obesity, type II diabetes, neurodevelopmental issues, autism, and reproductive development issues. Simple low exposure to phthalates will most likely not cause harm, but continued and high exposure to these chemicals is what is concerning. Phthalates come in many different forms, and although not all have been tested, regular exposure to phthalates are found to be harmful.
This why Byron Bay Candles chooses to use phthalate-free fragrances for all our aromas. While our fragrance range is phthalate-free these aromas are still synthetically manufactured. So if you are sensitive to inhaling perfume we suggest opting for our pure essential oils scents that are 100% plant based.
No the soy tea-lights are made with unscented pure soy wax.
Pure soy wax creates a melt pool when melted so must be contained in a holder. At this time we have them in a poly carbonate plastic but we are in the process of experimenting with alternative materials to find a more eco-friendly alternative.
Free shipping Australia wide on retail orders $75+
For order values under $75 a flat rate shipping amount of $12.00 will be applied to your order for delivery.
You can also select ‘Express Post’ delivery on the check-out page and an amount for this service will be quoted.
We do ship outside of Australia to the following countries via Australia Post. Postage is calculated at cost when you enter the shipping address on the check-out page.
- Hong Kong, Ireland, United Kingdom (UK), Canada, United States (US), Australia, New Zealand, Japan
- Here is a quick link to track a sent item – https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search
- To calculate delivery time frames once dispatched from us, you can check with Australia Post through the link below. Simply enter the from postcode 2481 and the ‘to’ postcode. https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/
- Express post delivery is an available option on the check-out page.
- Stockists – your orders are shipped with Star Track Freight and you will be notified of your tracking number via email when your order is ready to send.
- In the comments box enter the message you would like written on the gift card that will be attached to the gift wrapped item.
- Add the item to the cart and redirect to the check-out page. On this page click the check-box to enter the recipients ‘shipping address’ and fill in the details.
- At the bottom of the shipping address is another comments box. In this area enter the date you would the parcel to be sent with Australia Post (keeping in mind any delivery delays Australia Post may be experiencing).
- Your specified shipping date will be noted on receipt of your order and sent accordingly.
Tunneling will occur when you have not left the flame of your candle burning long enough to create a melt pool that reaches the edge of the jar (this can take 3-4 hours).
If this occurs do not trim your wick but leave it longer to create a larger flame on your next burn to allow the wax pool to reach the edge of the jar.
Alternatively, molten wax is soft so when warm you can use a blunt object to push the wax edge in to the pool to melt it (also try a hair-dryer or tip the jar on it’s side towards the side of jar with the excess wax that requires melting. Keep moving the jar around to soften this wax and then push down in to the melt pool.)
After the next burn be sure to trim your wick to 8 to 10mm.
- by creating a moment for you, you avoid adrenal fatigue and feelings of overwhelm.
- a lower level of lighting calms your senses and prevents over stimulus
- they eliminate bad odours.
Send us a message !
Please contact us through any of the methods listed below as we are here help in any way we can – please note an email reply can end up in your spam folder so please add email@example.com to your safe senders list.
+61 2 6685 5478
1, 21-23 Tasman Way, Byron Bay, NSW 2481 (enter the factory from Wollongar St. through the car-park beside Trip a Deal)
Send us a message !